The Social Care Practitioner Award (SCAP Programme)
August 19, 2019
The Social Care Practitioner Award develops learners’ knowledge and understanding and the practical skills to safely move and handle individuals in JD Training Solutions SCAP Programme…
Our SCAP Programme was developed, first and foremost, to enhance the care for people requiring support whilst also reflecting their changing needs.
It also recognises a need to establish a professional development path for experienced Social Care Workers (who already are in possession of a level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care), empowering them to take on more responsibility, learn new skills and further support the Registered Nurse and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
The Social Care Practitioner Role is still relatively new but is growing in popularity amongst business owners and social care staff. For business owners is provides a skilled workforce able to support the nurses in Nursing Homes, where recruitment of nurses is now a serious problem, by supporting the nurses you enable them to do more ‘nursing’ and less of the paper based tasks that can take them away from providing the care the residents deserve. In Social Care it able to provide the link between social care staff, District Nurses and other members of complex and multidisciplinary care teams, ensuring that people receive a more seamless service.
The benefit to social care staff is the level of satisfaction they receive from achieving a bespoke qualification, that can include units from the RQF Level 3 Diploma, while meeting the needs of the people they support.
- Understanding the role of the Social Care Practitioner (to include Support Carers to meet the care needs of individuals and lead a team)
- Health & Safety (Positive Risk Assessments)
- Assisting and Moving Individuals to include Falls Management
- Communication to include care planning and record keeping
- Safeguarding, MCA & DOLS
- Recognition of the deteriorating Person and Vital sign monitoring
- Nutrition/, Hydration & Pressure Care Monitoring
- Administration of Medication
- Simple Wound Dressings
- Extended Feeding Techniques (PEG)
- Common Health Conditions (Stroke, Diabetes, Dementia, COPD)
- Complex Care (Suction, O2, Tracheostomy, Non-Invasive ventilation)
- Develop, implement & review reablement services
- Support independence in the tasks of daily living
- Support Individuals to live at home
- Confidence Building/ Assertiveness
- Develop professional supervision practice
- Understand End of Life Care
Learners MUST complete all mandatory units and a minimum of 5 optional units
Costs to include Registration, Work based Observation, Assessment & Verification
£995 pp + VAT
If eligible Funding available from Skills for Care Workforce Development Fund 2019/2020 Care Claim
£600 pp (maximum £1200 pp in the funding year)
This award requires attendance at workshops, blended learning, learners will complete workbooks and workplace mentoring.
18th September – 4th December 2019
7th January 2020 – 24th March 2020
31st March 2020 – 16th June 2020
Certification of learners
On completion, learners will be awarded The Social Care Practitioner Award . The Social Care Practitioner Award which includes TQUK Unit certificates for units completed Certificate in Assisting & Moving Individuals for Social Care Settings.
If you’re interested in this course, please get in touch by either calling us on 01642 602600 or emailing us at email@example.com.