Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Champions is an internationally recognised one-day awareness course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
• Everyone on an Adult MHFA course is taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issue. Raises awareness and mental health literacy
• Reduces stigma around mental ill health
• Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
• Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
• Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health
Aged over 16
1 day which can be taken together or split to suit client requirements
• Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. What you learn will depend on the length of course you attend.
• All attendees will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources.
There is no end of course assessment